What will be the consequences if a company fails to comply with the change of name direction issued by the Registrar of Companies?
Non-compliance with the change of name direction issued by the Registrar of Companies may result in the prosecution of the company and/or its officers. The maximum penalty for failure to comply is a fine of $100,000, as well as a daily default fine of $2,000 for continuing default. The Registrar may also change the company name with the company registration number.
Please refer to the Guideline on Registration of Company Names for Hong Kong Companies (pdf format) for details.
Relative articles :
- How to determine if a company name is the same as another?
- How can I know whether the company name I intend to use is the same as a name appearing in the Index of Company Names kept by the Registrar of Companies?
- Can I use both English letters and Chinese characters in a company name?
- Can I use simplified Chinese characters in the Chinese company name of a local company?
- Is it possible to register a company with a Chinese name only?
- Can an English company name end with the word "Ltd"?
- How can a company change its name after incorporation?
- I have already registered the name of my limited company with the Companies Registry. Can I use the registered company name as a trademark? Will my company name be protected as a registered trademark automatically?
- Am I free to choose any name I want for my company?
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE
- Integrity, Honesty, Trust-worthiness, Saving time.
- In Depth Business Expertise.
- Competitive price policy
- Quickly process within 1-3 working days
- Strong Alliance Network & Relationships
- Keeping Clients Well Informed